An IP address is a unique identifier for each device on a particular network.
There are several types of IP addresses: public or private, dynamic or static, and shared or dedicated.
There are also different formats for IP addresses, known as IPv4 and IPv6, containing different character limits and separators.
At a glance, an IP address of any type might seem like a simple string of numbers or numbers and letters — but some IP addresses include numbers arranged in such a way that they become funny. Unusual sequences and repetition can make an IP address funnier than the rest.
Below, we list nearly 20 funny IP addresses and phrases, plus some IP address-related jokes that are likely to make you chuckle.
non-trivial undulating number sequence
Cisco’s address referencing the saying “eat your own dog food”
“Ice Ice Baby”
fake IP address inspired by the hit ’80s song “867-5309/Jenny”
a local IP address and a perfect score from the judges
“aced all test”
“I see bad code”
made of only palindromic numbers
Funny IP Address Generator
Funny IP Address Jokes
IP humor doesn’t stop at amusing IP addresses.
Use the following jokes to get a chuckle from your tech-oriented friends:
- What’s written on a very successful hacker’s tombstone? “R” — his IP is well-hidden.
- My son asked what our IP address was. I pointed to the toilet.
- Who in the world defeated Ip Man? VPN Man.
- There’s no place like ::1
- But when she traced the killer’s IP address… it was in the 192.168/16 block!
- ::1 sweet ::1
- Anybody need a Network TCIP/IP Specialist? If so, I’m definitely the pro-to-call.
- I’m thinking about starting a company to provide Wi-Fi in public swimming areas. I’m going to call it “IP in Pools.”
- What do you get when you cross a gangster with a communications protocol? Someone who makes you an offer you can’t understand.
- What is a pirate’s least favorite letter?
Your IP address has been flagged for illegally downloading movies. We will have to suspend your account, pending further investigation.”
- 127.0.0.1 sweet 127.0.0.1
- What did the router say to the doctor? “It hurts when IP.”
- An IPv4 address space walks into a bar: “A strong CIDR, please. I’m exhausted.”
- "What are the cleverest IPv6 addresses?," Quora[↩]
- "Any good ipv6 jokes yet?," Hurricane Electric Internet Services Forums[↩]
- "Funny IPv6 Words," SophieDogg[↩][↩][↩][↩][↩]
- "Can IPv6 Addresses Be 'Fun'?," Internet Society[↩]