According to color psychology, yellow can be helpful when learning. It grabs attention and stimulates the mind, helping students to stay on task.
Since yellow is the brightest of all the colors and the easiest to see from a distance, it’s often used to indicate caution. This is also why taxis are yellow in many countries.
In contrast, black is the darkest color on the spectrum. It’s considered an achromatic color, which means it has no hue.
When used together, black and yellow stand out against their surroundings. This is why they’re often used in cautionary traffic signs and hazardous symbols.
In nature, creatures such as poisonous snakes and frogs have these colors to warn their enemies to stay away.
Below, we have the list of things that are yellow and black. You’ll also find a few basic color psychology associations for common colors following the list.
- Caution tape
- Smiley face emoji
- School bus
- Rain boots
- Yellow ladybug
- Golden poison dart frog
- Ripe banana
- Hazard sign
- Measuring tape
- Batman logo
- Common seahorse
- Banana spider
an “Angry Birds” movie character
- Black-eyed Susan:
a type of flower
- Taxi cab
- Radioactive symbol
- Eastern tiger swallowtail:
yellow and black butterfly
- Yellow-hooded blackbird
- No. 2 Pencil:
predominantly yellow pencil with a small black “2” on the side
- Yellow watermelon:
on the inside
- Lemon pepper seasoning
- Mangrove snake
- Yellow-bellied sea snake
- Yellow highlighter:
predominantly yellow, but usually has black writing on the side
- Hufflepuff attire:
clothes worn by members of one of the four Hogwarts houses in the “Harry Potter” series
- Silver-laced black primrose:
a type of flower
- American Goldfinch
- American yellow warbler
- Fire salamander
Key Associations of Colors According to Color Psychology
Color psychology is the study of how individual colors affect humans. They can influence your mood and even how food tastes.
Curious about what’s correlated with each color? Here are some common associations of basic colors:
- Yellow: creativity, positivity, joy, fun, energy
- Black: sophistication, luxury, power, mystery, drama
- Orange: friendliness, courage, warmth, enthusiasm
- Red: love, strength, ferocity, danger, adventure
- Pink: sensitivity, care, softness, kindness, playfulness
- Purple: royalty, imagination, ambition, fantasy
- Blue: calm, wisdom, trust, dependability, stability
- Green: nature, luck, health, balance, hope, wealth
- White: purity, peace, innocence, light, simplicity