The video game industry is valued at over $150 billion worldwide, and an estimated 75% of households in the U.S. have at least one gamer.
Final Fantasy is a favorite game among many of those households. Since 1987, the franchise has released numerous versions of its game on all major gaming platforms, from PlayStation to PC.
It began as a Nintendo game in Japan and has since become internationally popular.
Final Fantasy XIV has a vast array of unique magical and animal-like characters. A prime example is the Au Ra, a race descended from dragons.
Here, you’ll find the list of Au Ra names perfect for any Final Fantasy gamer on the hunt for the right name.
We also provide a name generator for more ideas and tips to help you choose the right name below the list.
Au Ra Name Generator
How to Create a Great Au Ra Name
Creating an Au Ra name can be tricky. Not only do you want to make sure it’s one you’ll be happy with throughout the game, but there are also naming conventions you’ll need to follow.
Check out our tips for making sure your own name creation is a success:
- Keep character limits in mind. Final Fantasy XIV character names must have a first and last name with two to 15 characters each. Additionally, the combined total can’t exceed 20, so keep that in mind when coming up with your own name. (The exception is if you decide to use a name from Final Fantasy XIV Version 1.0.)
- Make sure it’s unique to avoid having to change it. When transferring characters from one Home World to another, if a character in the new Home World already has a first and last name identical to yours, you’ll have to change your character’s name. Be sure to create something unique to avoid this problem.
- Mix and match words translated from two different languages for your own one-of-a-kind name. The more unique your Au Ra name is, the better off you’ll be, since you won’t have to worry about changing the name, and your character will stand out. Combining two different languages is a sure way to create truly unique names. Simply take one or two words you like or that are related to Au Ra lore and search for their interpretation in different languages. An example is taking the word “dragon” to create “Drachen Tannin” (the German and Hebrew words for “dragon”).
- "Au Ra Names: 200+ Creative Au Ra Name Ideas for You," Names
- "Au Ra Naming Conventions," Gamer Escape
- "Au Ra," Final Fantasy XIV Online
- "FFXIV Au Ra Names and Naming Conventions," Generator 1
- "Ah Ra Name Generator-Final Fantasy," Name Generator
- "Au Ra Names-Final Fantasy," Fantasy Name Generators