Depending on who you ask, shamanism is considered to be both the oldest and newest religion in the world.
Evidence of shamanic practices has been found in Paleolithic cave art, but some modern-day societies adopt “New Age” variations.
Shamanism varies by culture, but most believe a shaman can heal the sick, escort souls to the otherworld, and communicate with the otherworld.
To become a shaman, a person usually takes a spiritual journey where they face a life-or-death crisis. In the process, they communicate with spirits and learn to heal themselves.
Many video games, including World of Warcraft (WoW), feature playable characters who are shamans.
Just as in the real world, these characters are often spiritual guides and healers.
In WoW, they have both healing and destructive abilities, using things like lightning strikes and earthquakes to inflict damage.
No matter your game of choice, you’ll find the list of funny shaman names below, as well as a name generator and tips to help you create your own.
“heal” spelled backward
a supernatural object originating in West African cultures
a play on “smell ya later”
for a troll shaman
as in “Deal or no Deal”
as in the famous whale
as in “shazam”
a play on “Raman noodles”
a play on spilled milk
for a shaman who uses a special stick like a wand
as in “rhetorical”
as in the teenage witch
Funny Shaman Name Generator
How to Create Your Own Funny Shaman Names
Perhaps you’d prefer to create your own funny shaman name. This can be a fun activity to share with other gamers or to do on your own.
Keep these tips in mind to simplify the naming process:
- Keep to the game’s naming conventions. Most games have a character limit, and some have other restrictions, such as disallowing language other users might consider to be offensive. Check the rules for your chosen game to make sure you don’t create a name you won’t be able to use.
- Use puns for words related to shamanism. Puns can be corny but are a reliable way to get a laugh out of anyone who sees your name. Try using words like “healer” or “medium” to create a funny name like “Achilles Healer” (a play on Achilles heel) or “Medium Rare.”
- Look to existing people and characters. Real and fictional shamans can provide strong inspiration for your name if you’re interested in something that is funny but also reflects the character’s status and attributes. Plenty of fantasy- and history-based books and films include shamans or shamanesque characters, such as Shansa and Tia Dalma in the “Pirates of the Caribbean” series. Modify the person or character’s name to create a pun or joke.
- "Best Shaman Names World of Warcraft," Gamefaqs
- "Best Shaman Names You Came Across," MMO Champion
- "Shaman Names," MMO Champion
- "Funny/Clever Shaman Name?" Wowhead
- "Clever/Funny Shaman Names," MMO Champions