According to most historians, the first mobile laptop was the Osbourne 1, released in 1981. It weighed over 24 pounds and came with a $1,795 price tag.
Today, people use laptops everywhere for everything, from gaming to banking to school to work.
Not only are they the best choice if you need a PC on the go, but they’re also great energy and space savers.
In addition, laptop computerss hold higher resale values over time than desktop computers.
If you’re attached to your computer 24/7, you might want to give it a cool name. We have the list of options below, whether you’re looking for a funny name or something more professional.
You’ll also find a name generator and ideas for creating your own names below the list.
Gone With the Windows
Lord of the Pings
All Bark No Byte
Weapon of Mouse Destruction
Lord of the Files
No More Mister Wi-Fi
A Tale of Two CDs
a play on “A Tale of Two Cities”
Three Little Gigs
Everyday I'm Bufferin'
as in the Mad Hatter
Geeky Clean PC
Go Go Router Ranger
Information Superhighway Explorer
Appley Ever After
Apple of my Eye
Bits and Bytes
Duke of URL
The Data Collector
Where the Wild Pings Are
1,001 Arabian Bytes
Call of the Wild Web
Seize the Data
[Cool adjective] to the Core
Laptop/Computer Name Generator
How to Create Your Own Laptop Names
You might want to choose a more personalized name for your laptop.
After all, laptops, like their owners, come in countless different styles with their own purposes and capabilities.
Keep these tips in mind when brainstorming your laptop’s name.
- What are your favorite things? This could be your favorite pastime, location, music genre, food, etc. Whatever your favorite thing is, it may offer you the perfect inspiration for what to incorporate into your laptop’s name.
- What’s the primary purpose of your laptop? If you use your laptop for gaming 99% of the time, you might want to take inspiration from your favorite game or username to create something like “Highly Hypnotic’s Online Portal.” If your laptop’s intended for business or education, you might use words associated with your specific activities and goals to generate your name, such as “Fashion Finder 2.0” or “Stock Market Specialist.”
- What’s the desired tone? A cutesy laptop name is likely not one you’ll consider if you’re looking for something serious or edgy. Deciding first on the general tone you’re looking for will make it easier to choose a name that works for you.
- Consider acronyms. If you want a short laptop name and one which only you know its true meaning, consider using an acronym. If you want to name it something like “Super Secret Spy Alliance,” you could simply call it SSSA, and no one would be the wiser.
- "400 Catchy Computer Names List That You Will Surely Like," Worth Start
- "A Complete List of Funny, Clever, and Cool Wi-Fi Names," TurboFuture
- "Silly Computer Book Names - Jokes & Funny Stuff," Neowin
- "Laptop Nicknames," Nickfinder
- "Laptop nicknames," Nickfinder