Statistics show that coffee is one of America’s favorite drinks.
Because it usually contains caffeine, it gives the drinker an energy boost, as well as stimulating their metabolism and improving productivity.
If you know someone who’s always got a cup in hand, you might want to give them a nickname to match.
Or, you might want to choose one for yourself if you’re a caffeine fiend!
Below, we have the list of 50+ nicknames for coffee lovers and a few ideas for creating your own!
Dark Roast Devil
“Harry Potter” reference
Frappe Go Lucky
a play on “happy go lucky”
Queen/King of Caffeine
La Vida Mocha
a play on “la vida loca”
a play on “deja vu”
a play on Shawn Mendes
a play on “unbelievable”
The Venti Villain
a play on “try hard”
Lord of the Beans
a play on “Lord of the Rings”
Coffee Bean Fiend
short for “caffeine fiend”
Java the Hutt
reference to the “Star Wars” character Jabba the Hutt
a play on “fabulous”
as in the grande size at Starbucks
Guardian of the Grounds
a play on Beyonce
Count of Macchiato
Red Hot Coffee Pepper
a play on Red Hot Chili Peppers
Pretty and Pod-ular
a play on “pretty and popular” that references Keurig pods
a play on Ben Affleck
a play on “has been”
Coffee-Related Nickname Generator
How to Create Your Own Nicknames for Coffee Lovers
A nickname should reflect a person’s unique interests and personality.
A scientifically-minded coffee lover who uses complicated brewing techniques will suit a different nickname than a quirky coffee lover specializing in flavored syrup combinations.
If you’d prefer to come up with the perfect nickname on your own, here are some ideas to help:
- Merge their unique traits with coffee words. One way to create your own nickname for a coffee fanatic is to think of an adjective that describes them and combine it with a coffee-related word, such as “Sassy Java Mama” or “Mocha Magician.”
- What’s their drink of choice? If there’s a specific type of coffee they’re always drinking, make that part of their nickname. Examples might be “Professor Pumpkin Spice” or “Captain Cappuccino.”
- Keep their personality in mind. You certainly don’t want to offend anyone. Keep it simple if they’re not much for jokes or are highly sensitive. If they’re someone who you know loves a good joke, the sillier, the better!
- "137 Best Coffee Puns to Brew-ten Your Day!," Ponly
- "119 Funny Coffee Puns to Get You Through the Day," The Darkest Roast
- "50 Hilarious Coffee Puns You'll Love a Latte (Guaranteed)," Coffee Affection
- "30+ Fa'brew'lous Coffee Puns to Mocha You Laugh," The Right Wording
- "32 Cute Nicknames For Coffee Drinkers," Kidadl