“X” is one of the most interesting letters in the English alphabet.
Originating from a Phoenician letter meaning “fish,” the letter was incorporated by the Greeks and then the Romans before becoming the “X” we use today.
Beyond its use in the English language, “X” also represents unknown values in math and is used in several other forms of symbolism, like the roman numeral for the number 10.
While “X” isn’t one of our most-used letters, there are some positive words that begin with the letter X.
We list them below, along with examples of them in sentences.
friendly to strangers
a strong and confident woman
extreme programmer; uses unusual and complicated programming techniques
a magnificent, beautiful place
a person interested in foreign cultures
having a special talent or quality
yearning for change
“thank you” in Mandarin
yellow or golden
razor-sharp, as in smart or witty
acting as a guide to other people
a passion for foreign things and cultures
Examples of Sentences Using Positive “X” Words
Below, we provide examples of sentences including some of the positive “X” words.
- “She bought a gift for the party’s hosts as a xenodochial gesture.”
- “He was a devoted XPer and enjoyed developing new tools.”
- “The professor is a xenophile with a particular interest in Greece.”
- “The owner of the third inn we visited was particularly xenial.”
- “She was xenacious and ready to create great opportunities for her community.”
- “The tree’s xanthic blooms were her favorite sight in spring.”
- “He had a xyresic mind and made everyone laugh.”