“Z” is the final letter of the modern English alphabet and also the least-used letter.
It doesn’t appear in the top ten word-starting or word-ending letters, nor does it appear anywhere among the most common digrams and trigrams (two- or three-word pairs frequently used in words).
In fact, at one time, it was so uncommonly used that it was temporarily removed from the alphabet!
But despite its less-frequent use, it’s still an important part of our written language today.
Below, we have the list of positive words starting with “z,” including some adjectives you can use to describe people.
peaceful and calm; meditative
unconventional but amusing; eccentric
high point of power and success
enthusiastic and energetic
living or vital
stylish and flamboyant
outstanding or striking
slang for shiny or flashy
sharp or lively
Examples of Sentences Using Positive “Z” Words
Since “Z” isn’t a super common letter, the positive words that begin with “Z” are a bit unusual and lesser-known.
To help you understand them further, we provide examples of them in the sentences below:
- “She spent the afternoon in a zen garden.”
- “Julia has a zany and outgoing personality.”
- “The company was reaching its zenith.”
- “I have a great zeal for my profession.”
- “The band gave a zestful performance of their new song.”
- “In a human’s life, food, water, and shelter are zoetic.”
- “He designed a zooty outfit for the party.”
- “The candidate is a zealous supporter of education.”
- “The joke was a zinger.”
- “The zippy dog ran through the park.”
- “Her zazzy jewelry sparkled in the light.”
- “The dipping sauce added a zing to the meal.”
- “The store played zappy music over the loudspeaker.”
- “As she cooked, the home was filled with a zesty smell.”
- “He took a zealful approach to the project.”