Below, we list the four-letter words that relate to love — from terms of endearment like “babe” to translations of “love” in Spanish and Greek.
Scroll past our list for quotes featuring some of these four-letter love words to put them in context.
Spanish word for love
Greek word for passionate love
from the French term of endearment “mon chou” or “mon petit chou”
looking lovingly at your partner
from the Spanish term of endearment “mi vida”
as in “to have and to hold”
Quotes About Love With Four-Letter Love Words
To give context to the love words on our list, we’ve gathered quotes that describe or discuss love.
The following quotes make use of some of the four-letter words from our list above:
- “True love is rare, and it’s the only thing that gives life real meaning.” -Nicholas Sparks
- “Love is a flower you’ve got to let grow.” -John Lennon
- “Home is where love resides, memories are created, friends always belong, and laughter never ends.” -Unknown
- “So much of life is luck. One day you make a right turn and get hit by a car. Turn left and you meet the love of your life.” -Loretta Swit
- “Trust is believing, ‘I will be safe with you.’ Love is striving to keep the trust.” -Drishti Bablani
- “Learn to love without condition, talk without bad intention, give without any reason, and most of all, care for people without any expectation.” -Unknown
- “That’s what life is for: warm friendships, memorable moments, and beautiful words.” -Avijeet Das